14th June 2016
Southwest chicken with boiled rice and roasted veg.
This is a new favourite of mine and its super easy to make and is a great dish if you don’t have a lot of time. What you will need…
- 2 chicken breasts
- Rice (enough for 2)
- Roasted veg I use.. courgette, cherry tomatoes, red onion, red and yellow peppers. You can add anything else you like though
For the Southwest Rub…
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic granuals
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt although i only use one
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients for the rub together into bowl
- Cut up all the veg for the roasted veg and put in the oven 180 degrees for about 15 minutes
- Put the rice on to boil
- Cut up the chicken and coat in the southwest rub
- About 5 minutes before the rice and veg is finished cooking add the chicken to the pan and cook.
- Take the veg out of the oven, drain the rice
- Once chicken is cooked serve with the rice and veg, Enjoy!