12th September 2016
Slimming World Lemon Chilli Chicken
I really wasn’t too sure about this Slimming World Lemon Chilli Chicken when I was cooking it, however it was so nice that Doug gave it a 10/10. It really is such a nice dish and great for a fakeaway at the weekend as well. So if you fancy a takeaway … STOP… don’t reach for the phone, cook this and you will feel so much better after rather than after eating a takeaway.
What you will need:
- chicken breast, all visible fat removed (we used 2 for 2 people with extras for lunch the next day)
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 220 ml of chicken stock
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- the juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- Some fresh coriander
- few slices of fresh lemon to garnish
- Spray the frying pan with frylight and brown the chicken.
- Set the chicken aside on a plate and cover with foil.
- Spray a large frying pan with frylight, add the chopped onions, chilli, fresh garlic and ginger
- Cook for approx 2 mins, add some more Frylight if needed.
- Add the spices and stir fry for a further 1 minute.
- Stir in the lemon juice, stock and vinegar.
- Add back the chicken pieces, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook on a low to medium heat for about 20mins until the chicken is tender.
- If the sauce dries out too quickly add a little more water and turn the heat down a little.
- Top with some coriander and fresh lemon slices Serve with your choice of side and vegetables. We had it just with rice this time, however next time will try veggies and noodles. Its personal choice how you serve it really.
Please do let me know if you try this and what you think!