20th January 2016
One-Pan Balsamic chicken and veggies
I have been following the you tube videos from Tasty recently and they all look so amazing. We have so far tried a few and they have all been absolutely amazing.
Last night we decided to try the One-pan balsamic chicken and veggies. To say it was amazing was an understatement, we both loved it.
If you would like to try it you will need…
- Italian salad dressing
- Balsamic vinegar
- Chicken breasts
- Veggies (we used green beans, long stalk broccoli, red peppers and chantilly carrots, plum tomatoes. Then added roast new potatoes.
You can use asparagus if you like it, all depends what you like/dont like
- Put the carrots on to boil for 15 minutes just so they soften. Cut the new potatoes in half, pour over some oil and pop in the oven. Whilst these are boiling and cooking…
- Mix together 1/4 cup of the italian salad dressing, 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1.5 tbsp of honey.
- Cut up the peppers into thin strips, we used 1 red pepper.
- I then cut off all the yucky bits of chicken and cook one chicken breast each. Add some oil to the pan, put some salt and pepper on the chicken and cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes add half of the sauce mixture and cook for another 10 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked put aside on a plate.
- Chuck in the pan with the sauce the veggies, green beans, broccoli, tomatoes and peppers. cook until softened. once these are to your taste (some people prefer them really soft, some like them with a crunch) put in the middle of your plate. Put the chicken on top.
- Add the carrots and the rest of the mixture for about a minute
- Put the potatoes and the carrots on the plate and there you have it.
It really is so simple and you can do with it what you like. You don’t have to have the potatoes and you can change the veg to suit your taste. We gave this dish a massive 10/10