25th January 2015
Having more than one child.
As you will know We are now a Mummy and Daddy of 2. A three year old and a 4 month old. At first I really wasn’t sure how I would cope or how easy/hard it was going to be.
I feel like it started off easier than I thought, then has gradually got harder and harder.
Little Man is fantastic and he really helps me out all the time. He always jumps up to pass things for me when I’m changing Bubs. However the part I find hard is trying to get jobs done with 2 children who both need attention, and giving both children attention. Little Man wants me all to himself and Bubs then wants attention and get bored if he isn’t getting any.
How do I deal with having 2 children??
- When needing to do my job I explain to Little Man my jobs have to be done. I get him set up with something to do on his own for half hour plus such as drawing, painting or craft. this ties in with Bubs having his morning sleep so I am able to quickly rush around and get on with what needs doing.
- I give both children attention, so I play a game with Little Man however Bubs will sit with us and in between my go at the game I will speak to Bubs or smile at him just to interact rather than him sitting with nothing on his own.
- I bath both children together. This means I know where they both are, Bubs sits in his chair in the bath and little man loves to pour water on Bubs belly. This way I can get the bath time done in one go saving me time and stress of doing it separate.
- The Mr and I always do a meal plan. This means I am not having to think about what to cook for dinner, not having to rush to the shops to get something in. We meal plan on a Sunday and I do the weeks shopping on the Monday. I know what we are eating for the week so buy everything we need. This is so handy and stops any rushing to the shops or last-minute take out’s. I am able to prepare a lot of our dinners the night before when the kids are in bed to save time when they are up and about.
- I have a buggy board. This means when we are out Bubs is in his buggy and Little Man is on the buggy board. I know where both children are there are no moments of panic of children running off. In my case It’s only one that could run off but when on his buggy board he loves to ride on it.
- I have a diary. This makes me very organised, I know exactly what I am doing when and where I need to be and its all planned out weeks ahead.