6th August 2016
Boots Soltan Family Pack review
When I was younger (late teens early 20s) I hardly ever wore sun cream. I used to want a nice tan which I didn’t think I would get with wearing any type of sun cream at all. How stupid I was back then… Now I am slightly older and more mature I realise how important it is to cover up with sun cream and protect my skin.
Boots Soltan currently has a fantastic family pack with a pack for £10. In the pack is one 200ml bottle of 15 SPF, One 200ml bottle of 30 SPF, one 200ml bottle of kids hypoallergenic 50 SPF and one 200ml bottle of aftersun. These bottle all come in a really handy zip up see through bag which they can be kept in.
The cream is medium thickness and comes out really white, which I love. I love the fact it is really easy to see where it has and hasn’t been applied. It takes only a little bit of rubbing and and as you can see then skin then looks as if it has no cream on it at all. Little Man hates it if he ends up being all white with the cream, so the fact this rubs in so easily is a bonus to us. (kids can be so difficult sometimes ha ha)
I really can’t stress enough how import wearing sun cream is. here are a few facts from Boots Soltan about using 5* protection on your skin, Child or adult.
- Sun damage is caused by two types of ultraviolet light, UVA and UVB. UVA penetrates deeper and is mainly responsible for ageing. UVB penetrates less deeply but also causes sunburn.
- All of Boots Soltan products are 5★rated, because they give the highest level of protection against UVA, the sun’s rays that cause deeper down damage.
- The level of protection against burning is shown by the SPF. Higher SPFs give more protection.
- The level of UVA protection a sun cream gives is shown by its star rating
- The amount of UV light present is less about temperature but more about the time of year and how close you are to the equator. The closer you are to the equator, the more UV there is. While UV light is still present on an overcast day, because it can penetrate cloud cover, it is higher the closer you are to midsummer’s day
- Did you know around 3 tablespoons of sun cream is enough to cover your whole body?
- Wearing a t-shirt provides UV protection but only when it’s dry. Once it becomes wet it turns opaque so swimming in a t-shirt offers no protection from the sun
- Sand, concrete and even grass all reflect UV but if any of these surfaces become wet the amount of UV reflected can double
- The effects of the sun are cumulative so if you burn an area of skin it may be more sensitive next year
- Soltan can help you choose the best sun cream for you with the online SPF selector tool which you can fine HERE
- Boots Soltan is the No.1 5★UVA sun protection brand
- With over 75 years of expertise protecting the nation’s skin, Boots Soltan has always been committed to giving you uncompromised sun protection
My personal view now is rather have less tanned skin than have skin cancer. I know it is nice to have a tan after having been on holiday or out in the garden however its not so nice if you end up with skin problems or even skin cancer. Please remember to always wear sun cream.